Tough Day Running Your Business? A Little Inspiration To Keep You Going
No one ever said running a business would be easy, and you never expected it to be. But, you probably didn’t expect things to be so hard, so often. You want the questions to stop just for a sec so you can have a moment to think of the appropriate response. After all, you can’t even spell “question” with the scrambled eggs happening upstairs.
When your mind needs a break, take a moment to read these inspirational quotes and you’ll hopefully remember all the wonderful reasons you decided to run a business.
1. “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn't conspire against you, but it doesn't go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. 'Someday' is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it's important to you and you want to do it 'eventually,' just do it and correct course along the way.” Tim Ferriss
2. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” Golda Meir
3. “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.” Charles Darwin
4. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” Socrates
5. “Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.” Unknown
6. “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” Sr. Thomas Watson
7. “The first one gets the oyster the second gets the shell.” Andrew Carnegie
8. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action. Fear is natures way of warning us to get busy.” Dr. Henry Link
9. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” Coco Chanel
10. “Business is more exciting than any game.” Lord Beaverbrook
11. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” Babe Ruth
12. “The only way around is through.” Robert Frost
13. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky
14. “There is no security on the earth, there is only opportunity.” General Douglas MacArthur
15. “Once you free yourself from the need for perfect acceptance, it’s a lot easier to launch work that matters.” Seth Godin
You’ve got this! Don’t quit … EVER!