Email Marketing Basics. 5 Simple Tips For Your Next Campaign
Maybe you’ve already tried it and didn’t get the results you were hoping for or maybe you just aren’t a fan of email marketing in general. After all, like most of us, you probably get a few too many messages sent to your inbox every day and since you don't enjoy being flooded … you don't want to become a flooder. But, email marketing campaigns can be quite successful. In fact, according to a recent survey, companies have email marketing campaigns to thank for generating 58% of their revenue.
If you’re ready to give email marketing a shot or just need fresh tips, here you go!
1. Consider your favorites. Something about that email caught your eye and made you open it. Perhaps it was a strong subject line or a cool, colorful image. Whatever it was … it worked! To inspire your next campaign, consider those same messages that won you over.
2. Try to connect. Remind your recipients that behind all the marketing stuff entering their inbox day after day, there is a real person looking to connect. You can accomplish that simply by telling an inspirational story or sharing a recent experience. Get creative and be sure to somehow connect the story to your business.
3. Make it worth their while. Consumers want to feel like they matter (because they do) and it’s important for them to feel as if they are getting something in return for opening up your email. Whether you give them a good laugh, share some super engaging content, or offer a discount, your recipients want to see something … anything that will make opening worth their while.
4. Please the eyes. We all love a little eye candy and you have to keep that in mind when creating email campaigns. Sending potential customers a boring paragraph or list with the details of your latest special will probably keep your message from being opened. You can still mention all the details of course but do so with attractive content. Including beautiful images, creative graphics, or cool videos can make a huge difference in the outcome of your campaign. Not convinced? Here’s a fun fact … if we hear or read something, we will only remember 10% of the info 3 days later, but if an image or video is included, we’ll remember about 65%.
5. Be consistent. See you at the same time tomorrow! That isn’t just a question you hear from your trainer or favorite barista. Your customers or potential customers count on the same consistency with your email marketing. Consistency will not just make your business more memorable, but some of your recipients will even look forward to the emails. If you reach out daily, be sure to do so at the same time each day. If you make contact twice weekly, stick with the same days and times each week.
Hope all goes well!